Thinking about donating your long locks for a great cause? What an amazing idea! Check out the list below to see if your hair can be submitted. Keep in mind that we want to provide recipients with very natural hair.
Guidelines for Acceptable Donations:
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid
- Chemically treated or bleached hair is not usable. This will not hold up during the sanitation process.
- Hair with a natural dye may be accepted. If you are unsure please ask your stylist.
- Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable
- Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest lair is 10 inches
- Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches
- Hair that is 6 – 10 inches in length will be accepted and sold at fair market value to offset the manufacturing costs
- Gray hair will be accepted and sold at fair market value to offset the manufacturing costs
HOW TO DONATE
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece
- Hair must be in a ponytail or braid before it is cut
- Hair must be clean and completely dry before it is mailed in
- Place the ponytail or braid inside of a plastic bag, and then inside of a padded envelope
- Fill out the hair donation form, or write your name and address on a separate sheet of paper and include inside the envelope
To donate your hair:
Visit Wigs For Kids at: www.wigsforkids.org and download a donation form.
*Note that Skate4Cancer sent you!