Thinking about donating your long locks for a great cause? What an amazing idea! Check out the list below to see if your hair can be submitted.
Guidelines for Acceptable Donations:
- Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable
- Hair cut years ago is useable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid
- Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not useable. If unsure, ask your stylist
- Hair that is swept off of the floor is not useable
- Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not useable
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest lair is 10 inches
- Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches
- Hair that is 6 – 10 inches in length will be accepted and sold at fair market value to offset the manufacturing costs
- Gray hair will be accepted and sold at fair market value to offset the manufacturing costs
HOW TO DONATE
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece
- Hair must be in a ponytail or braid before it is cut
- Hair must be clean and completely dry before it is mailed in
- Place the ponytail or braid inside of a plastic bag, and then inside of a padded envelope
- Fill out the hair donation form, or write your name and address on a separate sheet of paper and include inside the envelope
To donate your hair:
Visit Wigs For Kids at: www.wigsforkids.org and download a donation form.
*Note that Skate4Cancer sent you!